Irish Dance (Confined)
NEWRY MUSICAL FEIS
COMPETITION RULES (2016 REVISION)
Irish Dance [Open & Confined]
This must be read in conjunction with the
GENERAL COMPETITION BYELAWS  of Newry Musical Feis
- Entries can be accepted only from recognised Dance teachers who are members of An Comhdháil Múinteorí na Rincí Gaelacha
- Competitors, whose ages shall be reckoned from 1st January in the year in which the competitions take place, may be entered only in their correct age group and evidence of age must be provided before prizes are awarded.
- Solo dancing – competitors can only dance in their own age-group.
- Competitors may dance only once in any Class; in figure dance and in ceili dance competitions, it is permissible for 25% of the team to be UNDER the age specified.
- Prizes, except where otherwise stated in the Syllabus, may be plaques, miniature cups, medals, badges, or certificates.
- Traditional eight hand dances to be taken from An Rince Foirne.
- The Confined Classes are restricted to pupils resident in South Armagh and South Down entered by teachers from the Newry Branch of An Comhdháil Múinteorí na Rincí Gaelacha. A map setting out the area, precisely defined in the proceedings of the Executive Committee, is available for inspection.
- In all Solo competitions there must be a minimum of 5 entries; otherwise there will be no competition and classes will be combined.
- Dancers may enter in light or heavy jig competitions (a) sections or open but not in both.
- In team dance classes if there are 5 or more mixed teams there will be two competitions.